At The Bank of Nevis Limited, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, our customers and our fellow citizens of St. Kitts and Nevis are important to us, and accordingly we have been actively monitoring the developments surrounding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak across the globe and in the Caribbean.
To ensure the safety of our employees and customers, we have implemented the following measures:
- Placed a number of hand sanitizers in our lobby and on work stations across the bank for use by our customers and employees.
- Provided ongoing information and updates on the coronavirus to employees and other stakeholders.
- Implemented enhanced cleaning and sanitization measures.
- Identified critical operations and plans in the event that employee absences increase due to the virus.
- Special leave for employees who may be required to be quarantined.
According to our regional public health authorities, one of the recommendations to contain the virus is to limit personal face-to-face interactions or ‘social distancing’. In the circumstances, we are advising our customers to undertake the following measures:
- Reduce transactions in the Bank and use our online banking platform.
- Avoid the crowd at the Bank by using our ATMs located throughout Nevis.
- Use BON’s debit card or credit card to facilitate payments and purchases.
- Do not visit the Bank if you have virus symptoms.
- If you must visit the Bank, avoid physical contact with persons and limit contact with surfaces within the public spaces.
- Limit your time at the Bank by contacting our customer service officers before visiting the Bank.
- Email queries & request to email@example.com.
- Email invoices and third party correspondences to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com respectively.
We recommend that you follow the guidelines from local health authorities by washing your hands consistently with soap and hot water or alcohol-based sanitizer and after touching surfaces and handling items, such as cash and avoid touching your face. Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or flexed elbow and avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
We are committed to preventing the spread of the virus and will continue to monitor the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic as our top priority is the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the people of St. Kitts & Nevis.